A list of the top 10 Most Sought After and Hardworking Ghanaian Female Celebrities in entertainment has been released. The list features both actresses, musicians, radio and TV hosts from the Ghanaian entertainment industry who were active in the eyes of the public last year 2018. Ghanaian actress and TV host Joselyn Dumas was adjudged number 1 one the list.
The Top 10 Most Sought After and Hardworking Ghanaian Female Celebrities in entertainment was developed solely for the purpose of celebrating Ghanaian female celebrities in entertainment who were setting good examples through hardwork, commitment to the positive development of their immediate environment and excellence in their field of endeavor. The Managing Director of Shine Publications the founders of the chart, Jerry Wonder explained why the chart was necessary. “In the Ghanaian entertainment industry, successful woman are perceived to be ‘sleeping around for favours’ hence their success. But, some of these women really work hard and diligently to put food on their table. Some even go the extra mile to impact the life especially of people around them. And so, it is mainly for this purpose that we intend rewriting the narrative of the successful Ghanaian female celebrity”, he explained.
He added that the chart was not to celebrate wealth and the glamorous lifestyle of these celebrities but to also inculcate in them the attitude of giving back to the society and echo to both corporate Ghana and other bodies the importance of being socially responsible and not just focusing on gains. “Sometimes, we see some of these celebrities bragging about their wealth, but we want people to understand that the true wealth is not having more than enough money to pay for anything but having the love of the people around you so much that you that have to pay for anything. Hence, giving back to the society forms a major part of the criteria for selecting the women for the chart. We also considered women are parents and gave them slightly higher points since it is quite a task to merge both work and parenting”, he explained. He also noted that the reputation of the brands, the frequency of the jobs and personal initiatives formed a huge part of the scoring scheme.
This is the first publication of the chart and the organizers plan to make it an annual release. Among the criteria for the chart were: brand endorsement campaigns, corporate reputation of brands, successful leadership & personal initiatives, industry contracts/ jobs, evidence of social responsibility, awards and marital status (number of children included if any). The chart was compiled by recording the number of jobs or contracts such as TV commercials, advertising deals, social initiatives amongst the other aforementioned factors per individual and awarding points to each.
The chart (Names of the Ghanaian female celebrities and some of the brands, events or initiatives they were associated with in 2018).
1. Joselyn Dumas (Jaguar E-Pace, 3 Music Awards, TV Show, korle – Bu Donations etc.).
2. Nana Ama MacBrown (Hisense, TV Show, Roma Ntontom Master, etc).
3. Regina Van Helvet (Close Up Concert., AFRIMA, Malta Guinness, Black Secret Makeup, S. H. S. Tour, Movie Prod.- ‘Jungle Justice’, etc.
4. Jackie Appiah (UB Relaxer, Omolewa Makeup, GMA Nom., Movies – ‘Getting Married’ etc.).
5. Salma Mumin (Globacom, SlimSmart, Electromart, World Remit, Jumbo, Movies, etc.)
6. Yvonne Nelson (Insurance Co.,Heels & Sneakers TV Series, Movies – ‘Jungle Justice’, ‘Best Actress in a Lead Role – GMA ’18, etc).
7. Efya (AFCON 2018,Girl Talk Concert, Lucky the movie, Lancaster University, Manifestivities18, etc.).
8. Nana Aba Anamoah (Glo Mega Music 18, RTP Awards 2018 Winner, TV Host, Rapperholic 18, etc.)
9. Martha Ankomah (GTP, Globacom, etc.).
10. Roselyn Ngizzah (Gh Nadja Showbiz Awards 18, ’40 Looks Good On You’, Movies etc.).